In a recent post I wrote about my experience with sleep training and how hard the process was for me. I found the whole ‘controlled crying’ technique very traumatic and I wanted a softer solution. I know alot of people have had success with controlled crying but I decided that it wasn’t for me. Then I heard about the Safe Sleep Space approach to settling, their philosophy is to empower parents with skills and knowledge to best suit their individual family, without the use of controlled crying, modified controlled comforting or any timed non-responsive method.
I was lucky enough to receive a book, DVD and CD to review. Bub would not sleep in his cot at all but now he is sleeping there for longer periods and each night is getting easier. I followed their settling routine and played him the CD which contains sounds to create soothing sleep. By using these techniques my son was eventually sleeping until 5am, self-settling during the night. The SSS approach creates a sense of safety and security for babies. The basis of this method is listening to, looking at and responding to how your baby is communicating. The book provides a step by step guide to settling for infants from birth to 3 years. With lots of information regarding sleep associations, crying cues, co-sleeping etc; The DVD has examples of hands on strategies, parents interviews and lots of other great tips and advice.
This was the first settling method that I actually felt comfortable doing and that bub was responsive to. He is happier in his cot and goes down straight away now without grizzling. I am very impressed with the SSS approach and would recommend it highly!
The lovely ladies at Safe Sleep Space have given me a DVD and book to giveaway! All you have to do is:-
- Like the Safe Sleep Space Facebook page and tell them I sent you
- Follow me on Facebook
- Follow my blog on Networked Blogs via Facebook or Bloglovin’
Terms & Conditions
1. Entries close at midnight on Sunday 12th August 2012
2. The winner will be picked at random
3. Winner must make contact within 3 days or another winner will be chosen
4. Judge’s decision is final
5. Prizes are not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash
6. Total prize pool is valued at $80.00
7. Prizes will not be replaced in the event that they are stolen, lost or damaged in transit
8. I accept no responsibility for prizes sent from Safe Sleep Space
9. This competition is open to Australian residents only
10. This giveaway is not associated, sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook.