What can you wear to a wedding if you have an apple figure? This question was posed by fellow blogger Janet from Redland City Living. Apple figures tend to have a rounded stomach, broad shoulders and a less defined waist. Apples also possess slim hips, lovely legs and can either have a small or ample bust. So how do you dress this body shape?
Here are 9 flattering dresses you can wear to a wedding, cocktail party or wherever the mood takes you!
9 Flattering Dresses for Apple Shaped Women
Here are some tips for choosing a dress for apple body shape:
- An A line dress is very flattering as the full skirt will give the illusion of a smaller waist
- V-Neck dresses are great for ample busts.
- Choose an Empire line if you have a small bust
- Wrap dresses are great as they accentuate the bust and the side tie draws attention from the waist
- Avoid halternecks
- Avoid fitted or clingy silhouettes
- A drop waist is flattering for apples
- Look for styles that sculpt the waist
- Draw attention to areas of your body you really like, legs, arms, cleavage
Do you have an apple shape? What dress style suits you?