Fashion’s night of nights finally arrived! The Met Gala kicks off the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s yearly costume exhibit in New York and is the most sought after ticket of the fashion event calender.
This is one bash where guests can push the boundaries and with Anna Wintour in attendance A-listers battle it out on the red carpet to impress.
The theme for this year was ‘Punk: Chaos to Couture!’ What a tricky look to pull off! Who got it right and who go it oh so wrong? Here’s my pick! In no particular order..
1. Sarah Jessica Parker wearing Giles Deacon dress, Phillip Treacy hat and Christian Louboutin boots
2. Amber Heard wearing Emilio Pucci
3. Florence Welch wearing Givenchy
4. Blake Lively wearing Gucci Premiere
5. Anne Hathaway wearing vintage Valentino and a new platinum do
6. Jessica Biel wearing Giambattista Valli
7. Gwen Stefani wearing Maison Martin Margiela
8. Joan Smalls with Tom Ford wearing Tom Ford
9. Cara Delevingne wearing Burberry
10. Kerry Washington wearing Vera Wang
Special props to Her Majesty Madonna! She got the punk memo and took it to the extreme! You wouldn’t expect anything less!
Madonna wearing Givenchy
I also had to mention to Gisele Bundchen! She just had a baby people! Her body is BANGING!
Gisele wearing Anthony Vacarrello
Now onto the worst dressed! These ladies can all do so much better, in my humble opinion of course. It’s all a bit of fun anyway!
1. Beyoncé wearing Givenchy more like House of Deréon! (sorry Givenchy) Matching boots? Really?
2. Kim Kardashian wearing Riccardo Tisci complete with matching shoes and gloves! #flowerbomb
3. Oh Nicole! I like the Top Shop dress and earcuff. I hate the hair! Together this just doesn’t work.
4. Elle Fanning wearing Rodarte. She’s young, she’ll learn!
5. Sofia Coppola wore Marc Jacobs pajamas. Nuff said.
6. Ivanka Trump trying to do punk and failing miserably!
7. Gwyneth Paltrow in Valentino Couture. BORING.
8. Yes Miley ran with the punk theme but this is just trashy!
9. I love you Alicia Keys but this look just doesn’t suit your body shape!
10. Ashley I get it, you’re a hippy. But this is the Met Gala and the theme is punk!
Mary-Kate same as above!
So what do you think? Who were your choices? Love to hear your thoughts!
Pic sources: Huffington Post and Glamour.com