My default casual wear is always jeans or a dress. I very rarely wear trousers of any kind unless it’s a work suit or a jumpsuit. I do however love printed pants! I’ve been seeing a lot of celebrities wearing them especially Solange Knowles and Olivia Palermo, my style gurus! They make them look oh so cool but we all know they can be very risky! How do you pull them off without looking like you’re a guest at a pajama party or an 80’s throwback?
1. Millers Printed Pants $30 // 2. Cooper St Sundae Tank $89.95 via The Iconic // 3. Michael Kors Leighton Sunglasses $168.95 via Vision Direct // 4. Vintage Princess Bleeker Bag $395 via The Iconic // 5. Tony Bianco Swan Stone Sandal $139.95 via Styletread // 6. Country Road Peplum Jacket $299
1. ASOS Longline V-Neck Cami $18.48 // 2. Millers Printed Pants $30 // 3. Top Shop Blazer $170 // 4. OPI Lincoln Park After Dark $17.95 // 5. ASOS Smooth Cuff Bracelet Multi Pack $27.73 // 6. Sterling & Hyde Cadian Clutch $149.95 // 7. Tony Bianco Asara Heel $179.95
How to wear printed pants:
- Choose comfortable easy to wear pants with an elasticated waist, perfect for summer. I love this pair from Millers! The colours work well with anything and the print is subtle enough to wear often with lots of different classic pieces. They are a great price point too so a perfect investment for experimenting.
- Choose a neutral colour top/jacket so all the focus is on the print. You should always try to match your top to a colour in the pants so the outfit is streamlined. I’m sticking with white in this instance for a clean, chic look.
- Wear with sexy summer sandals for day and swap them for a pair of killer heels at night. I love the gold accents in these shoes both by Tony Bianco, they add extra glam to the outfit instantly taking it up a notch.
- Chunky gold jewellery works well with this look, team with a big classic tote for day like this gorgeous Vintage Princess bag or a sleek clutch like the Cadian from Sterling & Hyde. Have I mentioned I love gold accents?
- Don’t be afraid to mix your prints. If this idea fills you with dread you can always go for matching separates, a big trend for Summer. Stay tuned for a post on this soon.
So are you on board the printed pants train or are you sticking with your favourite jeans this summer?