I recently featured Garland Row in my Top 6 Jewellery Websites. Garland Row offers bespoke silver and gold jewellery inspired by old Hollywood glamour, Belle Epoque and gothic architecture. Every precious Garland Row jewel is handmade with love in owner/designer Sarah Gardner’s workshop.
Sarah opened her boutique in Hargrave St, Paddington in 2012 and her sought after designs have featured in OK Magazine, Instyle, Famous Magazine and Good Weekend. She has kindly agreed to an interview with Mama Stylista and I am so excited to have her!
1. Tell us about the Garland Row brand
Garland Row is my jewellery label. I have a studio and shop that I work from in Paddington. I design and create one off jewels that you can buy in store (and online with FREE international shipping). I also custom make jewellery and love turning people’s old unworn jewels into a fabulous new creation to be worn and adored with a new lease of life!! The brand is very much about adding a little bit of glamour to everyday!!
2. What advice would you give someone starting their own business?
Listen to everyone!!! You don’t have to agree with everything they say, but be willing to listen and learn from others and their journeys. You obviously HAVE to love what you are doing as it will become your life, so make sure it is your passion and enjoy it!!!!
3. Where do you draw your inspiration from?
4. How do you find work/life balance?
5. What is your favourite part of owning your own business?
6. What is your favourite shopping destination?
7. Describe your personal style
8. What is the one item you wear the most?
9. Who is your favourite style icon?
Anyone with their own individual style. Catherine Baba, Karen Elson, Film maker and Hollywood royalty Liz Goldwyn, Debi Mazar.
10. What is your favourite piece from your range?
My favourite piece is usually the piece in my head that I’m about to make!! At the moment, I am loving the diamond pave set mini heart stacking ring (watch this space for matching earrings and necklace!! Launching next week!!)
I am currently growing the online side of the business, which I’m really excited about. I am also starting to think where I might like to set up a another shop while keeping my current showroom as the design and making, creative base!
Check out more competitions at Win Free Stuff
Giveaway Terms & Conditions
1. Entries close at midnight on Sunday 6th April 2014
2. Winner must make contact within 2 days or another winner will be chosen
3. Judge’s decision is final
4. Prizes are not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash
5. Total prize pool is valued at $165
6. Prizes will not be replaced in the event that they are stolen, lost or damaged in transit.
7. I accept no responsibility for prizes sent from Garland Row
8. This competition is open to Australian residents only