My Interview with Next UK
1. When did you start blogging and what encourage you?
I started my blog in May 2012. I have a background in fashion but somehow I ended up in media sales. After the birth of my son I knew I wanted to do something from home so I could spend time with him. I always wanted to get back into fashion and a friend suggested blogging. I love it and it has encouraged me to start styling again.
2. Who is your blog-spiration, what blogs do you read for inspiration?
I tend to draw inspiration from everywhere, magazines, blogs, instagram, pinterest, street style. I love Atlantic Pacific, Tuula Vintage, Gary Pepper Girl and Ring My Bell for fashion inspo. Because I’m a Londoner living in Sydney, Australia I enjoy reading UK fashion blogs particularly Coco’s Tea Party, I Want You to Know and A Girl, A Style.
3. You have previous written great posts featuring Next products, will you be shopping at Next more?
Always! It is my go to store for dresses and kids fashion. That will never change.
4. Who is your style icon?
I can’t narrow it down to one but I love Solange Knowles, Olivia Palermo, Ashley Madekwe and Duchess Kate. Lupita Nyong’o is my current fave.
5. What is your top tip for other bloggers?
You will lose motivation and inspiration at some stage. Just take a break, don’t give up!
6. Where do you go to write your blog?
I write at my desk at home usually at night when my husband and son have gone to bed.
7. If you could blog from anywhere in the world, where would it be?
On a hammock at a beach house in Montserrat an island in the Caribbean where my family are from.
8. I am not just a blogger I’m also…
a wife, mother, fashion stylist and presenter.
9. What are your top five favourite items from http://www.next.co.uk?
This was so hard! Can I have 6?
- Black mesh plunge swimsuit
- Aubergine Jumpsuit
- Biker coat
- Blue Shift Dress
- Blue Triangle Print Dress
- Soft Cuff Clutch
10. What is your blogging soundtrack?
I never listen to music when blogging, it puts me off and I want to dance instead. I love all kinds of music though but I’m quite partial to Beyoncé, Pharrell, Lorde, Dizzee, Pink, Tinie Tempah, Janelle Monae and John Legend. I also love soca and calypso.
11. Do you have a secret talent, if so, tell us?
I can write backwards. Strange but true!
12. I have noticed you have had experience in being a stylist, a presenter and a blogger, what is your fav?
I love them all equally. At the moment I am trying to combine them. I have a You Tube channel and I will be uploading regular styling videos, fashion interviews and event coverage which will all end up on the blog too!
13. What is your number 1 top look at the moment?
I am obsessed with white. I know it’s not the smartest look to go for with a 2 year old but I can’t get enough of it. I live in the Next ecru shift dress I bought recently.
Thanks again for my Next Blogger of the month award! I am so thrilled.