Hi ladies, the next instalment of my dressing for your body shape series is concentrating on the hour glass figure. I have previously covered apple and pear shape so check them out if this applies to you.
Celebrity Hourglass Body Types
How to Dress an Hourglass Figure
The hour glass body type is considered to be ideal so lucky you if you have one! The characteristics of an hour glass are a full bust, generous thighs, a narrow defined waist and rounded shoulders that align with your hips.
Your bust and hips are roughly the same size creating a curvy silhouette and your upper body is proportionate in length to your legs. You are a picture of balance from top to bottom, a classic voluptous shape. Think Marilyn Monroe or Scarlet Johansson.
Style tips on how to dress an hourglass body type:
- Belted tops accentuate the waist
- Choose fitted clothes that nip in at the waist
- Pencil skirts keep your body streamlined and hug your killer curves
- Choose high waisted pants to elongate the leg
- Jackets and coats with two buttons to elongate your torso
- Opt for tops with cinching at the waist
- Wrap-style tops and dresses are very flattering drawing focus to your waist
- Wear voluminous A-line skirts/dresses
- Choose tailored shirts and jackets
- Don’t wear straight silhouettes that hide your waistline
- Belts are your friend, choose a medium size or skinny belt to highlight your waist
- Avoid high necklines
- Choose boot legs pants/jeans. The flare balances out your wide hips and gives the illusion of longer, slimmer legs.
- Choose deep V necklines to draw the eyes to your waist
- Bias cut dresses and skirts are great for an hourglass shape
You want to flatter your form without adding bulk and bring attention to your shoulders and neckline. You have a lot of options because your shape is already in proportion! Just remember to try to maintain the balance of your beautiful body shape.
I hope these style tips helped you if you are blessed with an hourglass figure.
Stay tuned for my next post on the rectangular body shape.